Monday, September 13, 2010

Our love is not a victory march.

I like that I am rediscovering the routine. I fit in there. I don't know if I like that or not, I just know that it is true. I'm sorry if you don't like the routine, and I am sorry if you don't understand it. I should have found a way to warn you.

I like that today he brought up that night and we both knew exactly what he was talking about and nobody else did, nobody else could, and we had a little secret. I like that we can bring it up casually and I like that we are still pals and I like that it kind of sounds like I'm talking about sex, but, in fact, I am not.

And I like the rain. I don't like that it makes it cold and that I couldn't wear my new suede booties and that my hair looked nasty by the time I got from the car to the school, but I still really like the rain. I like that it sometimes puts you in the mood that lets you use Leonard Cohen lyrics as a title to a blog. I like that that feels sacred.



















But the canyons and the seas
Are they just what you need
Or are they less than what
You'd expect to see?

And if you're leaving well come
Give me reason why I let you down

No comments:

Post a Comment