Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm not lost, I just didn't want to be on that path.

My name is Erin and I have a lot of thoughts and I am going to write some of them down.
I cry A LOT. I used to cry once a year. Now I seem to cry three times a day. Not even at sad things. At everything. I teared up listening to an Obama speech today. But I made sure nobody saw. That may have been borderline acceptable in Poli Sci with all my nerdy nerds, but in english it would have just been embarrassing.
I have a friend who is really cool and pretty and smart and successful, and I am not jealous. And that makes me so happy. I like being happy for other people who have lots of reasons to be happy. I like the word happy. In a similar fashion to the word blunt, I feel that happy also suits its definition.
Sometimes I wear black and navy together and I still think I look nice.
I'm not really sure who I am. I don't know myself. And that used to worry me a bit, not in a sharp and painful and obvious way, but in a persistent and brooding on the back burner kind of way. And tonight I thought about it for a little bit and I realized that just because I am fast at most things does not necessarily mean I need to be fast at ALL things, and if it takes me a long time to know who I am and what I like and what I think and all that, then that's okay. And then I wondered whether anyone knows who I am, or who they themselves are and stuff. I just wondered a lot. I am a wonderer. And a wanderer. And those are both words that I love. But those two words alone are not really enough to sum me up. But it's okay that I don't know the rest. For now. I apparently like talking in circles.
Sometimes I am really grumpy and I like to be alone and watch lame television like Vampire Diaries.
I like C.S. Lewis and I like drugs, and I like what happens when you mix the two together.
I like stegosaurus a lot. I can't help it. They're just really cool.
I like extreme feminism and groups full people that haven't learned a thing about social studies in english since the sixth grade, and even though they are actually really smart, it seems like they haven't got a clue what's going on.


"Plus qu'on prĂªte attention aux conĂ¯ncidences, plus elles se produisent."

2 comments:

  1. Your blogs are always so un factual. You don't like drugs!
    p.s. my minister asked me if i did drugs today. I said no. I should go confess of some shit. hahahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yeah you're actually right, i don't like them in general enough circumstances to have written it like that. my mistake.

    ReplyDelete