It's kind of funny how strongly I believed that we might be friends again, after what she said. I thought that in saying what she did, she wasn't giving up on me. Maybe she was just letting me know she had had enough. I'm not sad very often anymore, I just still don't really understand how things turned out like this.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Nostalgia is a seductive liar.
"I know that even though in this moment I don’t appreciate anything you said, eventually I will, eventually I’ll be glad that you care enough to say it to me, rather than give up on me or whatever else. And the reason I don’t tell you things is because I know you’re real enough to call me out on them, and tell me that they’re wrong, and when you do that, I have to stop and I have to think and I hate doing that more than anything in the world, because I do better, I stay stronger, when I just keep going and going, fast enough so that things can’t catch up to me."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment