Tuesday, March 16, 2010

You asked. Well not you, him. But I couldn't say this to him.

I guess this is what they call one of those days. Or one of those weeks. Or one of those months. This isn't depression, or anger, or teenage angst. It just seems like I've temporarily lost my direction.
Tonight was weird. It went like this. Stress, stress, stress; chem, chem, chem. A lovely facebook message from my favourite. A lovely round of texting with my other favourite. And my other, other favourite. That produced 20 minutes of elation. And some more confusion.
It's a bit like this. You think you have a song stuck in your head. But you know that the song doesn't even exist. But you know if it did exist, it would explain why you were feeling so weird. It doesn't though, so you're left pondering. And listen to Joshua Radin instead. Then City and Colour. And it's not even close. But it's the best you've got.
By this point you've been laying in your bed for 2 hours. But you know there isn't any use. Because tonight will not be a sleeping night.
I am yearning for rain. Every cell in my body tingles with anticipation when I think of the rain. It might wash away this nothing. I can't get rid of this nothing on my own.


Things that still bring a smile to my face : equality.
When we are breakfast, I will be the toast, and she can be the nutella.
But when we are pocky, she will let me be the chocolatey goodness, while she is the boring wafer.
It works out though, because no matter what, we've got each other's backs.

1 comment:

  1. I would like you to know,
    that we are breakfast. we are greatness.
    we are also comma loving insanity.
    because genuinely, we are quite superb.

    ReplyDelete