I like that standing at the Equator, you will always be spinning with the Earth at 1038 miles per hour.
I like that acceleration due to gravity on Earth will always be 9.81 m/s.
I like that there will always be 2.2 pounds in a kilogram and 1.6 kilometres in a mile, and 3.8 litres in a gallon.
I like that my sister will always be 5 years, 8 months younger than me.
I like that our alphabet will always start with A and finish with Z.
I like that spring will always come after winter, which will always come after autumn, which will always come after summer, which will always come after spring.
I like that fish will always swim and birds will always fly. (Yes, I know penguins would object quite strongly to that statement, but it doesn't matter, because no penguin will ever read this. The theory of evolution would also object, actually. So that is not a real constant. Too bad.)
I like that oxygen atoms will always have 16 protons and 16 electrons, and that in their elemental state they will always float around in pairs, molecularly (as opposed to ionically, which sounds like ironically) bonded to each other.
I like these constants because I can change myself inside out, upside down and backwards, and these things will all still be true. I like that nobody can do anything to change these things.
No comments:
Post a Comment