Rachel, I swear I have the very best of intentions to reply the very first day you posted that blog, but I have to admit I kind of forgot until I saw you in the halls today. So anyways, here goes. My creative juices haven't exactly been flowing much recently, I haven't even been able to give them a c
hance what with everything else going on, so things might seem a little off, but I think when I start rambling like this they usually do anyways, so perhaps it's nothing out of the ordinary. Your question really is a good one, and I am more than ready for a break from Chem anyways, so here goes. What, you ask, keeps me from simply existing ? Can the answer honestly be as simple as I think it might be ? Existing is boring. It's dull. People who exist don't inspire, and they aren't inspired. I don't know how to be that kind of person. Even when I am exhausted and overwhelmed and cranky and sick
, it gets old. I get over it. And whenever I start to perk up, I realize, or remember, what I was missing out on. There is so much wrong with our world, but I honestly do believe on most days that there are more people out there trying to fix it than there are people producing the messes and the suffering. And with that knowledge, who could continue to exist ? Who would be able to stop themselves from living and experiencing and learning and loving ? Who in possession of the knowledge that they could make a difference could ever go back to existing ? To me, that thought is absurd. So that may or may not have answered your question, but either way I hope it makes some sense.

"I need to be bold, need to jump in the cold water, need to grow older with someone like you."
I miss you
ReplyDelete