I am so sick and tired of hearing people say that "everything happens for a reason." Because I don't think it does. I think that is just the lazy persons way of defending themselves for wasting their lives away. You can pretend that your entire life it pre-determined, and that the things that happen, happen because of fate or destiny, but it's not true. I think that we as individuals and as a society need to be held responsible for the things we do. We are the only things on this planet with the potential to change it. At the risk of sounding overly cliche : that's a privilege and a responsibility that is way to big to simply throw away. Blaming fate isn't a way of life. And pretending that you have no control over your future is absurd.
This is a rant that could continue forever, but it's taking too much out of me. I can't even rant successfully anymore. This year is nothing if not exhausting.
On the plus side, I love the way that doing something for other people makes you feel exponentially better than doing something for yourself does.
No comments:
Post a Comment